Monday, October 29, 2012

Clara's Rule

Monday 10-29-12

Yep, that's a Salted Carmel Mocha Frappucino. 

My friend Clara gave me some good advice last week regarding my training.  She knows how much I love the Salted Carmel Mocha at Starbucks, so she suggested that during my training I only indulge in one per week.  This is a good rule.  Which I am adopting into my program.  But then I got to thinking about other rules for my training.  Not that I want to set a lot of restrictions on myself but I am a person that usually does better with a definitive plan rather then a fly by the seat of the pants approach.  So Clara's rule became number one and then I added a few more.
1.  One Starbucks indulgence per week.
2.  6 small meals per day instead of 2 or 3 big ones.
3.  Take one day of REST per week.
4.  Walk and stretch it out after each run (this I am bad at, I usually think I am in too big of a hurry).
5.  Only run the time/mileage scheduled, no more.

This is a good place to start with my discipline.  I may add others later.

Today I worked out at Extreme Results as it was not a scheduled run day.  I also taught a 60 minute yoga class.

Pre-workout meal: banana and coffee
Breakfast:  Protein smoothie with almond milk, blueberries, pineapple
Mid-morning meal: Celery with goat cheese and almond butter
Lunch PB&J on low cal flaxseed bread with natural PB and raspberry jam; apple
Afternoon meal: Panera Vegetable soup with whole grain baguette, tall salted Carmel mocha, graham crackers
Dinner: Super Supper cheese manacotti, garlic bread, peas, white gold popcorn

My sweet tooth is gonna be the death of me!  I hate that I do that but it doesn't seem that I can really give that up.

I'm feeling a little headachy tonight and am looking forward to turning off the lights and going to sleep.  Gonna have to tackle the treadmill tomorrow based on tomorrow's weather forecast.  Thank you Super Sandy!  Where's the dislike button?

No comments:

Post a Comment