Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sandy, Treadmills and Candy Corn

Tuesday 10/30/12

Let me start by saying...I HATE TREADMILLS!!!!!!  Ok, I feel better now.  I was totally dreading the time I had to put in on the damn thing all day.  I even tried to talk myself out of it, saying to my self that it was only a 30 minute run, it wouldn't really matter if I missed it.  But I'm thinking that is not really getting off to the right start, so I trudged ahead (down to the basement) and struggled through.

I was on the treadmill and thinking about how much I didn't want to finish this and then I began to compose tonight's blog in my head.  It sounded really good as I was banging my feet down on the dreaded treadmill but of course, I can't remember what it was now.  I will be super glad when Super Sandy makes her exit from our area.  Thanks, it was nice of you to drop by, now LEAVE! 

And about the candy corn.  There I was innocently in the Halloween Candy Aisle at Kroger, getting candy for the kids to take to school tomorrow for their parties when I pass an end display of the most beautifully shelved bags of candy corn that I had ever seen (not really but it sounds good).  I just couldn't resist.  We have this weird magnetism thing going on that we can only indulge once a year when the fall decor is rolled out.  After tomorrow our love affair will be over and the beautiful yellow, orange and white triangles of deliciousness will be replaced with fruit cakes and marshmallow Santas.  I felt like it was my duty to take one of those bags off the shelf and secretly savor it while driving home.  And of course the indulgence gave me an extra push down the stairs to the treadmill.

On a side note, I finished my internship hours tonight and will be finally sending in my paperwork to get the official certificate stating that I am a Personal Fitness Trainer.  Yay me!  and thank you Cammie and everyone at the Body Factory for the best internship site ever!

This morning I went to Extreme and did my regular morning workout.  I forgot to eat something before leaving the house.  When I got home I grabbed a half of a banana and a fun sized twix bar on my way to the shower.

Breakfast:  Protein shake with almond milk, blueberries, pineapple and 2 scoops of It Works Greens.
Midmorning Meal:  banana and 1/2 a greek yogurt
Lunch: Amy's Organics Black bean burrito with Jack's salsa (truly a marriage made in heaven), graham crackers and some more greek yogurt (I still didn't finish the container)
Afternoon Indulgence:  Candy Corn (Sigh).
Dinner:  Tuna and noodle casserole with whole wheat noodles, peas, celery, onion, green peppers, tuna, cream of mushroom, milk, and crushed potato chips (comfort food on a cold evening)

30 minute run on the treadmill to fulfill today's training requirement of 30-45 minute run.

No comments:

Post a Comment