Friday, December 14, 2012

Tragedy

12/14/12

Another tragic school shooting today.  This one in an elementary school in Connecticut.  Now, what could kindergartners have done to deserve to be shot?  Really?  Not that anyone deserves to be murdered, but children even less so?  It makes me grateful that my kids made it through the day safely.  As a parent, you will always worry about your kids.  I am not the overprotective type.  Surprisingly, you would think I would be with what I do for a living.  But overall I am one of those people who thinks that you should live life to the fullest and not be scared of what "could" or "might" happen.  There is less of a chance of those things happening, ever in your life, then there is of winning a significant amount of money in the lottery.  Bad things are not the norm.  They are just the publicized.  Nobody wants to hear about ordinary stuff on the news.  Bad news gets ratings so we end up inundated with violence, tragedy and death.  What if you picked up the newspaper and the front page headline was an article about the local garden society party or turned on the news to a report on coffee shop specials for the week.  Everyone wants to be entertained and stimulated all of the time.  Lets find a way to take a break from all that over stimulation and just settle down and notice the present moment that we are in, not the moment that somebody else was in 6 hours ago. 

I'm not really an insensitive jerk.  My heart does hurt for those families who lost loved ones today in that senseless shooting.  And for the children that survived but will forever be effected by what they witnessed today.  We have a responsibility though.  We have a responsibility to focus on the positive things in life.  the law of attraction says that whatever I give my energy to is what I will manifest in my life.  As long as we spend all of this time and attention on the negative things those are things that will continue to show up in our lives.  The less energy I give something, the less power it has.  Lets collectively take the power away from violence in our society by not participating in the watching, reporting, or retelling of it.  Lets focus on the good that kids do.  Lets look at the sky and be amazed by the color of it.  Lets give a smile to a stranger just because we can.  Lets give an extra 2 or 3 dollars on the tip the next time we eat out.  That waitress might be a struggling single parent.  Lets make time to listen to what our kids are doing and take time to notice when they aren't talking to us and change that. 

I love my family. I love my town.  I love my country.  I love to run before the sun comes up.  I don't want to give that up.  I am praying for my community to stay safe enough for me to continue to do that but if it isn't then I want to retain my right to carry a gun to protect myself.  I will not hide in fear.  I will enjoy my life, my family and my community.  Please know that I will also protect my life, my family's lives and my property.  I will believe that people are basically good.  I will not allow a few bad apples to spoil the bunch. 

Happy Friday everyone.  The sun is shining and the temps are above normal.  It doesn't get much better than that for December in Northern Ohio.  Make a gratitude list

1.  The sun in December
2.  My husband's help today
3.  My kids health
4.  An ex-husband who takes an active role in our kids lives
5.  Girl's night
6.  My health
7.  The yoga class that I have the privilege of teaching tonight
8.  Some good laughs at work today with some coworkers who I consider friends



December 14, 2012

FoodsCaloriesCarbsFatProteinCholestSodiumSugarsFiber
Breakfast
Herbalife Shake - White Chocolate Reese's Shake, 16 oz.24129g2g24g0mg0mg0g4g
Lunch
Homemade - Spinach Rice, 0.5 serving1059g7g4g0mg61mg1g2g
Hannah - Mediterranean Salad Fatoush-Style, 1/2 cup 119g905g7g3g0mg400mg2g1g
Um - Hummus, 4 ounces15021g5g7g0mg190mg3g5g
New York Style - All Natural Pita Chips Sea Salt, 11 pieces14019g6g3g0mg350mg0g1g
Kirkland - Sea Salt Carmels, 1 pieces9515g5g1g5mg170mg11g0g
Snacks
World's Finest Chocolate - Milk Chocolate, 21.5 g11514g6g2g5mg20mg14g1g
Fruit - Red Seedless Grapes, 1 cup10427g0g1g0mg3mg23g1g
TOTAL:1,040139g38g45g10mg1,194mg54g15g
ExercisesCaloriesMinutesSetsRepsWeight
Cardiovascular
Circuit training, general37960
Stretching, hatha yoga13255
TOTALS:511115000


I don't know what I will be eating for dinner tonight.  I'm fairly certain it won't be too healthy but I'll log it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment