Sunday, November 4, 2012

Slow Down

Sunday 11/4/12

My mom's voice is ringing in my head.  She constantly said "Michelle, if you would just slow down..."  My entire childhood (and most of my adulthood) I was always in a hurry to do everything.  That wasn't necessarily the problem though.  The problem was that I was also clumsy so nothing ever worked out quite as I had envisioned.  Then my mom got really brave and  put me on roller skates.  That was a miracle.  What I couldn't do on flat feet, I could conquer on skates.  True story.  Anyway, today was my first official LR of the training schedule.  Of course, I am starting from scratch so today's LR was no longer then a quick 5K.  However, the training program I am using builds walk breaks into every mile, starting with week one's LR.  So, I had to slow down my pace and take walk breaks.  It almost felt like going backwards but this is a trusted training program and I have to trust the process.  So I did it, but the whole way my mom's voice was in my ear "Michelle, slow down..."  Next week I am drowning her out with some good old fashioned 80s Glamour Rock.  I just finished building my play list for next week and I must say, I am totally psyched!  I was inspired after watching Rock of Ages yesterday.  I dug out some of my old CDs and got to importing some good ole fashion rock and roll.  So, here it is, next weeks rockin' play list:

1. Loving You Is A Dirty Job - Ratt
2. Heads I Win, Tails You Lose - Ratt
3. Talk Dirty To Me - Poison
4. Welcome to the Jungle - Guns and Roses
5. My Michelle - Guns and Roses
6. Jet City Woman - Queensryche
7. You Can Still Rock Me - Nightranger
8. Love In An Elevator - Aerosmith
9. Cherry Pie - Warrant
10. Seventeen - Winger
11. Runaway - Bon Jovi
12. Got Me Under Pressure - ZZ Top
13. Cheap Sunglasses - ZZ Top
14. Loving Every Minute of It - Loverboy
15. Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
16. Shake and Tumble - Firehouse
17. Don't Stop Believing - Journey

Before you ask, yes I own all of those CDs.  Sad but true.  I secretly listen to them when no one is home and I am cleaning the house.  And yes, I dance around the house with the broom like I'm at a TESLA concert at the Sports Arena.  Now you know one of my weird little secrets.  Don't think less of me now, please.

I had two hot yoga classes to teach this morning totally about 517 calories burned.  After I got home I put in my 3 mile run in 30:42 for another 288 calories. 

Breakfast:  Protein smoothie with coconut water, strawberries, mango, pineapple and 2 scoops of It Works Greens.
Post Yoga snack: Banana, graham crackers.
Post run snack: wheat chips and pico de gallo
Outside soccer game warm-up:  coffee with cream
Post soccer game nosh: hummus and pita
Dinner: BLT with low cal flaxseed bread and light mayo; Happy Herbivore Black Bean soup, chips, 1/2 brownie.

Week one is in the history books and only 25 more to go.  Bring it on, I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment