Thursday, November 8, 2012

Yesterday

Wednesday 11/8/12

I have been working extra lately, socking some money away for Christmas and paying off some old bills.  I was so exhausted when I got home last night that all I could do was eat the dinner that my awesome husband lovingly prepared for me (even though it wasn't exactly what I may have decided to eat on my own), take a shower and then fall asleep on the couch watching my favorite show.  I hate when that happens.  Then I miss the end of it and since I was watching it, I didn't set the DVR to record it so I could see the rest later.  Oh well.  My challenge has definitely been with my very packed schedule.  One more week and things should be settling down a little bit.  At least I will have a couple of evenings off a week.  I noticed how easy it is for your mind to play tricks on you when your have a lot on your plate.  My mind is trying to scrape the vegetables into the garbage right now.  I gotta do a lot of talking back to that mental criticism right now.  Yesterday I took time to answer a couple of questions in my Oxygen Magazine.  They were related to stress. 

1.  Nosh on stress-reducing foods like blueberries or oranges: these fruits contain high levels of vitamin C, which has been found to prevent spikes in blood pressure.  Find a fruity recipe to try.

So I did...Blueberry and orange Yogurt Parfaits
  • 1cup granola
  • 3 (5 ounce) cartons low fat orange yogurt
  • 4 cups of blueberries
  • Orange Zest for garnish
1. Divide and layer ingredients into four glasses, starting with granola then blueberries then yogurt; repeat layers
2. Garnish with fresh orange zest

Per serving: Calories 302, fat 4grms, saturated fat 3grms, fiber 5gms, protein 6 grms

2.  Exercise is a great way to reduce stress, as it lowers your levels of cortisol and floods your system with feel-good endorphins.  Plan a 15 minute workout made up of your favorite moves.

3 Rounds of Sun Salutations to warm-up and stretch out
  • Jumping Jacks x25
  • Skaters x50
  • Jump rope x1minute
  • Sugar Cookies x25
  • Squats x20
  • Jump Squats x15
  • Hold a squat x30seconds
  • Jump Switch and Lunge x20
  • Mountain Climbers x50
  • Push-ups x30
  • Stackers x30
This is a simple routine that anyone can do anywhere with little or no equipment.

3.  Take time out of your day, find a quiet spot and just breathe.  Where you choose yoga or other meditation, theses activities can help lower your stress hormone levels.  Write down some effective stress-relieving techniques you enjoy.

  • bubble bath
  • candle gazing
  • reading gossip magazines (don't judge)
  • running
  • watching 80's movies (don't judge)
  • writing in my journal or on my blog
  • crying
Wednesdays workout
Extreme results class 58 minutes, 344 calories
Two hours of teaching hot yoga 500ish calories

Wednesday' diet
Breakfast: Protein shake with coconut water, mango, banana, pineapple and 2 scoops of It Works greens
Midmornnig: pear, graham crackers, fresh pressed peanut butter
Lunch: Asian vegetable Olga with sauce; snackers and almond cheese, diet Pepsi (don't judge)
Afternoon: oatmeal cookies.  I am blaming this on the fact that the Herbalife Club I tried to get a shake from after work was closed!!!   They were suppose to be open until 5:15.  Errr, stressed me out.
Late Dinner: Grilled Cheese on low cal flaxseed bread, Italian Wedding soup, Tony Packo's Sweet hot pickles (this is the meal that my hubby had waiting for me, his effort and love is appreciated).

I also should note that yesterday I started my period and was not in a space to make rational decisions about much of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment